thanks to everyone who was worried these last few days- I am fine, things are back to normal at work.
Today was the start date of the PB sales team. 38 staff arrived this morning not really knowing what to expect on their first day- boy did we put on a show!
We had music pumping, all the managers up on stage cheering them in, and a taste of the energy and enthusiasm we'll come to expect from them. It was amazing! I was the one at the door inviting them in, saying hello, clapping and cheering. I will admit the sales team was shell shocked, I can honestly say no one had ever been welcomed on their first day of a new job like that.
The day continued with an introduction to Potterybarn and customer service philosophies. The managers that we had brought on board 1 month ago were incharge of delivering the training. They did so great! Josh and I were very proud of them. Each manager/ ast. manager delivered their message in a clear, confident way. The whole day went smoothly- with the exception of 1 or 2 staff who did not seem "brand appropriate". One of the Sales Managers even did icebreakers.
Cant wait for day two!
April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go Amanada! - almost makes me wish I were there to help you cheer them on. Keep the spirit up!
ReplyDelete