Hello!
I have finally completed my first SKYPE video conversation! (special thx to Jamie for being my Skype mate)
Now I'm sure there are those of you rolling your eyes at me for even blogging about this, but in all fairness SKYPE is not all that well known unless you have need to use it. Being across the world from friends and family qualifies me now to make use of this fantastic web service.
I will admit that I spent the 1/2 hr leading up to the first call getting ready- hair, make up, checked the lighting/camera angle... heaven forbid I look bad when video calling!
Just think about it- most of us carry on phone conversations in our Jammies, when we are sick/tired/nude, or when we are also multi tasking. But with video calling the other person can SEE YOU. Dont think for one second you are going to get away with making faces, rolling your eyes, changing your clothes-- the other person is watching you! And there is also the problem of being "chained" to your web cam. The mic only has so much range ( and dont forget the other person is watching you) which means you need to stay stationary. I will admit that I am notorious when on a regular phone call to wash the dishes while talking- something about talking to friends brings out the urge to clean (or is it the other way around?!)
With video calling there was a bit of a lag which forces you to pause in conversations to let the person talk and there were moments with the sync of the persons action vs sound. But it was only momentary.
When it's all said and done Skype is easy to use, fun, and a simple way to be alittle closer to home.
.....so please sign up to SKYPE and call me!
January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah! I am so proud of you and look forward to having a skype conversation with you soon! (I guess I need to install my camera again on the Fielding Computer (an my home one as well). I keep checking to see if you're "ON" - I will catch up to you - and you'll get to see Bella & Bruiser too! - Laurie
ReplyDelete