January 2, 2010

Always a bridesmaid, never the bride

So I am here in Sunny Arizona for my mom's wedding.  The venue was gorgeous and the weather was perfect! Even the ceremony went off with out a hitch (except for forgetting the vows part....hehe)

I am so excited to have shared this experience with them both and to have the chance to meet my new "family"- I have gained 2 sisters, their husbands and children. I also have had the great fortune to meet one of my mom's closest friends and Ajoy's best friend. All of us have had the opportunity over these last 3 days to talk and bond and spend quality time.

Obviously this is not the first for my mom or for her new husband to be.

So my question that I pose dear readers, is what do you get a newly married couple who have everything? Both came with houses, cars, toasters, and a lifetime of "stuff"- they don't even make Hallmark cards that say "Congratulations on your 2nd/3rd/4th wedding! Hope this one's the keeper".

Next post will bring me one step closer to Kuwait- stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment