OOH HOO! I have finally made it into Kuwait and am settling into my temporary apt. It is located in Salmiya- but curiously enough there are no street names or building addresses. Every one goes by land mark (so heaven forbid you dont know a land mark near you- which I dont!) No phone yet but at least I can get online.
The guys have been fantastic at showing me the "neighbourhood" and answering all my crazy questions about their life here after 2 weeks. The team seem so far ahead and I am trying to catch up while getting onboarded into the company. I am loving the bosses that I work with
My impressions of the first 48 hours in Kuwait: Traffic is a nightmare, Having someone with "wassta" gets you a long way in the closing deals, The city is extremely safe but kinda sketchy, tried hookah on the first night and thought of the marketablity of apple flavored cigarettes, my head office is at the corner of Pepsicola St and Cocacola St (true story), women wear lots of makeup, the sound of the mosque wakes me up every morning at 5am, and Kuwaitis eat lots of fast food WHILE smoking in the food court.
Missing everyone!!!
January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Quite an adjustment but it sounds like you are taking it all in stride and will be able to find your way around very quickly! Is it very hot?
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a safe trip and are getting settled. I miss you and the Cruise group. Sending hugs and kisses your way. (Laurie, your Chicago Connection!)
ReplyDelete