December 22, 2009

Blue Christmas

Sad day today.... realized this evening that tomorrow is my last day at work here in Canada. This will be the first time in 15yrs that I have Christmas off.

For those of you who don't know, I am a retail addict- not in the shopping sense (although a good sale does cheer me up) but in the "I love my job as a Store Manager" sense. The holiday peak season is my drug. From the uphoria of added payroll to spend, or the atmosphere of hustle and bustle, from the sales "ching-chinging" through the registers, and the crazed pace I get to work at-- thats my high. For the last 15yrs I have ditched my family obligations to work Boxing Day (secretly loving every minute of it).

Now this year I am on the other side of the fence- watching my colleagues have all the fun. Dont get me wrong, I will not be SHOPPING on Boxing Day- I refuse to be one of the masses. Nor will I sneak into my old job and volunteer my time. Instead my day is to be filled with packing up the last of my possessions and deciding what I could live with/without in Kuwait. (Oh goody!packing....*note the sarcasm*)

sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment